The modular design of the AOS Small Bone External Fixation System is intended to be used in the stabilization of open and/or unstable fractures in anatomies such as the hand, wrist, forearm, foot, and ankle where soft tissue injury may preclude the use of other fractures treatments.
- Innovative solution for stabilizing fractures resulting from high energy trauma, including fusions osteotomies, open and/or comminuted fractures, infected nonunions, and fractures with length discrepancies.
- Simple to use, offers versatile pin placement options and stability, and is cost effective.
- Fixation for unstable intra- and extra-articular fractures of the distal radius.
- Multiple Variations of frame can be applied to small bone fractures, wrist spanning frame or nonspanning frame.
- Simple intra-articular distal radius fractures
- Extra-articular distal radius fractures with a relatively large distal fragment
- Corrective distal radius osteotomies due to malunion
- Fixation before and in conjuction with, open reduction and internal fixation.