The system includes color coded, side specific Lateral Superior, Midshaft Superior, and Anterior Plates. 2.7 mm Locking/Non-Locking Screws, 3.5 mm Locking/Non-Locking screws, 4.0 Cancellous Lag Screw.
The Midshaft Superior Plates are designed with divergent screw angle trajectories to maximize cortical bone fixation. Our Lateral Superior Plates have 2.7mm locking and non-locking screw hole options provided in the lateral portion for maximum fixation. Divergent locking screw angles reduce the risk of screw pull out. Both the Midshaft and Lateral plates are designed with 3-dimensional pre-contoured plates to match the natural S-curvature and coronal bow of the clavicle.
The AOS Anterior Plates are made with a refined plate finish to aid in minimizing soft tissue irritation. The rounded plate design allows locking screw holes that enable screws to sit flush with the plate.
Unique C-Beam design increases plate strength while reducing plate prominence. As opposed to the customary flat 3.9mm plates typically used for clavicle fractures, our 2.7mm C-beam is designed to be less invasive and more comfortable with equal strength to thicker plates. The structural integrity creates a low profile, limited contact solution that maintains the strength and rigidity needed for fracture fixation.
Features & Benefits
- C-Beam engineered for superior strength & lower profile.
- Multiple contours and lengths to cover wide spectrum of clavicle curvatures.
- Locking and non-locking screws provide greater options for fracture fixation.
- 4.0 mm Lag Screw that can be used in conjunction with, or independent of the plates.
- Anterior plating options for thin & adolescent patients.
- Low profile plate design to minimize plate prominence.
- Complete Clavicle system for wide range of fractures.
The AOS Clavicle Plate System is designed with the fundamental idea of creating advanced orthopaedic devices that will enhance not only the surgical technique for the clavicle but the corrective healing of the patient.
- Designed to provide fracture stability and restoration of anatomical alignment, this minimally invasive implant may reduce hardware irritation and provide and maintain compression—which can benefit both the patient and surgeon.